SANTA FE BREWING CO.
POSITION: Packaging Manager
The Packaging Manager at Santa Fe Brewing Co. is responsible for the overall operation of the packaging department. Primary responsibilities are related to personnel scheduling and management, schedule execution, operational efficiency, equipment troubleshooting, and quality control. We operate a 300 cpm CFT canning line installed this year and a KHS keg filler.
This position is best suited for an organized people-person with strong mechanical aptitude and a passion for quality, efficiency, and safety. This position reports to the Production Manager, but will also work closely with Operations, Warehouse, and Quality. This is a Full-Time, benefits eligible, salaried position.
About Santa Fe Brewing Company:
We are New Mexico’s oldest and largest brewery and have been growing at a category-beating rate since 2016, producing 40,000 bbls in 2021. We have cultivated an environment that prioritizes personal freedom, responsibility, and accountability, and as such, we run lean and have a small team of highly skilled players. We truly focus on working smarter and enjoy challenging ourselves to meet new demands with novel products and solutions.
We are located in beautiful Santa Fe, NM at the base of the Sangre de Cristo mountain range. Santa Fe is a world-renowned hub for artists, foodies, environmental revolutionaries, and outdoor enthusiasts alike. We have breathtaking views, virtually no traffic, four distinct seasons, over 280 days of sunshine per year, and easy access to awesome skiing, and hiking/biking trails in every direction.
- Oversee daily departmental operations of our CFT can filler line and KHS keg filler, including
- Driving operational efficiency
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- Maintaining and creation of management SOPs
- Management of Packaging Department personnel, including
- Daily and Weekly Labor schedules
- Training and onboarding
- Annual reviews
- Coverage for call-outs, vacations, etc when necessary
- Coordination with Operations, including
- Optimization of daily and weekly packaging schedules
- Tracking and logging of daily production data
- Coordination with Maintenance, including
- Mechanical troubleshooting and light repairs
- Assisting with major work, as necessary
- Coordinating ongoing PMs
- Coordination with Quality, including
- Performance of regular quality checks
- Proper logging of Quality data
- Maintain inventory of supplies and materials, including
- Monthly counts of packaging materials
- Ordering of consumables (wrap, ink, etc), sanitation, and safety supplies
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies:
- 3+ years experience in a production or manufacturing setting required. Brewing, beverage, or food manufacturing experience preferred.
- 1+ years experience in a management or leadership role required.
- Strong demonstrated leadership and communication skills required. Experience in a training role desired.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, multitasking, and mechanical skills required. Certification desired.
- MS Office and general computing skills required. Experience with manufacturing database programs desired.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with other departments to meet production needs.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions:
- Able to lift materials up to 55 lbs.
- Able to work in wet, tight, or cramped spaces, and in an environment with high noise levels.
- Able to work with hazardous chemicals.
- Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (boots, gloves, apron, eye protection, etc.)
- Exposure to hot fluids, live steam, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, particulate atmospheres, carbon dioxide, variable temperature levels, and wet floors and clothing.
- Department: Packaging
- Reports to: Production Manager
- FLSA Status: Salary, Exempt
- Direct Reports: 5-7
- Compensation: Dependent on experience
- Benefits: Competitive Health Care, Time Off policy (PTO and holidays), and 401k plans